Thursday, February 24, 2011

Little Catch Up

So  I know I haven't written in awhile but time just seems to get away from me. When I think I have to time write i am always just trying to get my lessons prepared and prepare myself. Things are going ok so far, it has almost been a month that we have been here so that's pretty exciting. they say the first month is the hardest and I hope they are right because i'm really hoping for some changes to come in the next few weeks.

This past weekend we were able to go to a Basketball Game which was interseting. they play the same here so nothing to exciting to tell about. It was fun to hear the other fans all yelling and chanting in Russian. I guess Basketball isn't a big thing in Russia so we had almost court side seats. We were like three rows up so that was nice not to have anyone in our way.  It was nice to get out and see the other groups and talk to them about how they are doing and adjusting.

Then we went to church on Sunday. It took us THREE hours to get there and yes it starts at 9:30am. We got up around 5 and started getting ready because we had to be at the bus stop at 6:30 and it's about a ten min walk to get there from our place. I will admit I was not looking forward to wearing a skirt all day in the freezing cold because the temp lately has been around -30 degrees Celsius so yeah skirt and tights did not sound fun!! But we made through all the transportation we needed. A bus ride, 2 Metro rides, and then a 15 minute walk to the church building. I thought I would see the familiar church and steeple but nope, I'm not sure where it was but I first thought we were going to an underground church. But the little building was cute and felt homey! It was nice to meet people and hear their voices, and know we aren't alone anymore!! The services are all the same and all in English.

After the three hours there was a little cooking class for the relief Society and she had lunch for us too so we stayed after and had a quick lesson and a quick lunch. Two of the girls talked to President Kosak and said he is a really great guy and we all should meet with him and if we need anything he is there to help us. So that's nice and comforting. This week when we go back I'm going to talk to him and see if he can help me with a few things. I think it will be nice talking to someone who doesn't know me or anything about me. It was a really good day and a really good way to start the week out.  I hope to continue writing and telling you all that I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment