Monday, May 23, 2011

Sergeiv Posad Monastery

On Saturday May 14th I was able to go to this little Monastery outside of Moscow. We got there by a little train that took around an hour and a half to get to. Once we got there I was really happy because this was the Monastery I wanted to see when Gulya was talking about it in culture class. Mainly because I wanted to see the brightly colored blue and gold domes on the one cathedral. There were a lot of little different churches in the area and it was fun to see all the different architectural styles and colors. I went to one of the little shops and bought me a prayer ring. They are really popular here in Russia and it says, "God protect me. God save me." Or something like that!!! Not really sure what the translation is. But it's cute and I really like it. 










No comments:

Post a Comment